Chandra Jyoti Integrated Rural Development Society (CIRDS) Dhading had been registered in District Administration Office Dhading as a YOUTH CLUB in 1995 aiming to address the local needs with awareness and action in the initiation of self motivated local youth. Now it has been transformed into a local Non-Governmental Organization in 2002 and has been working in Dhading District in different sectors.
Affiliation with SWC : 3618/052 Magh 14
Affiliation with NGO Federation Dhading : 19/059
Affiliation with Santhagat Bikas Sanjal : 2005 AD.
Affiliation with Nepal Parma-culture Group (NPG) : 2064 B.S.
Affiliation with Association of Youth forum (AYON) : 2066 B.S.
PAN Registration No. :301668028 (Date: 2061/6/5)
Tax Free Organization Registration Certificate : 2063/12/1)
Establishment of a civilized and prosperous society.
Play supportive role to bring positive transformation in the livings of target community by mobilizing resources through community empowerment.
Promote meaningful participation of community members, enhance leadership skills and foster organizational capacity to uplift economic, social and political status of target beneficiaries.
The objective of CIRDS Dhading is to:
- To uplift the socio-economic status of vulnerable people via improved agriculture, social mobilization and income generation activities.
- Build awareness and initiate action on Education, Environment, Health, Nutrition HIV & AIDS and other social issues.
- Improve the nutritional status of children and women with integrated nutrition approach suffered with malnutrition.
- Create supportive environment for children and women by reducing stigma and discriminations related with caste, religion, class and gender.
- Increasing vocational and entrepreneur skills to uplift livelihood activities of community people.
- Capacitate the farmers and other rural dwellers for creating the resiliency on disaster.
- Identify and mobilize local/External resources to spend in infrastructure development and for mutual benefit of community people.
- Conserving and utilizing natural resources with active contribution in environmental protection and mitigation of factors of climate change.
- Notification and mitigation of social problems with advocacy, awareness for protection of human rights.
- To foster on safer and more beneficial migration for women and men, who voluntarily choose to go for labor migration through advocacy, information and skill development..
- Working Sectors (Thematic areas):
- Agriculture, Environment & Enterprise development, disaster management,
- Women and children
- Education & Health, Nutrition , HIV & AIDS,
- Socially and economically marginalized group,
- Integrated Community Development.
- Potential migrant workers, returnee migrant workers, families left behind, school students and different existing community groups
- Guiding Principle:
6.4 Social devotion & attachment,
- Guiding Policies:
- Financial policy
- Administrative policy,/Employment policy Manual,
- Strategic Plan,
- Communication Strategy,
- Volunteer Mobilization guideline,
- Training Manuals and standard operating procedures (SOPs),
- Documentation Guidelines.
- Board manual
- Gender Sensitive Policy
- Anti-Corruption Policy
- Major Strategies:
- Organizing people,
- Vocational skill development,
- Organizational capacity building and human resources mobilization,
- Partnership and Coordination,
- Issue-based advocacy,
- Emphasis on mobilization of local resources
- Working Approach:
9.1 Integrated Approach
To address issue based prioritized needs of targeted community (Education, Awareness, Vocational skills, Livelihood activities, Linkage & Networking),
9.2 Support targeted beneficiaries to develop & sustain self help groups (e.g. Child club formation & strengthening, Women & Organic agriculture cooperatives, Janajagriti School strengthening, PLHIV Support group-Sheetal Samaj),
9.3 Coordination, Collaboration and Networking (CBOs, Local bodies, I/NGOs, GOs),
9.4 Identification & Mobilization of resources,
9.5 Enhance Community mobilization and Participation,
9.6 Issue based advocacy